Sunday, December 29, 2013

An Online Miracle- God is Faithful

An Online Miracle- God is Faithful

December 5th 2013, I was staying up late working on a picture calendar for my family.  I had to get it finished by Midnight to catch a sale.  As soon as I was done, I thought I would check out my numbers for the t-shirt sale we were holding.  It was then that I realized that my sale ended in 24 hours and I had to reach a big goal or the T-shirts would not be made and no funds would be collected.  I was in little bit of shock and disbelief when I realized that my first attempt to raise funds could be a failure. We had to sell at least 50 shirts or the company would not print them.  We were only half way to our goal. 

I laid in bed worrying about how we were going to sell over 25 shirts in one day, when we had barely sold that many in a month.  So I prayed and asked the Lord to help me and told him that I trusted Him.  I surprisingly was able to go to sleep and not lay awake thinking about it.  The next morning I started emailing friends and family and posting it on Facebook.  I was in shock as the numbers began to climb. Before the day was over we sold a little over 50 shirts and were able to complete our fundraiser so the shirts could be made.  We raised over $700 in one day and our total raised was $1000 for the whole fundraiser!!  It was a miracle :)

I feel so blessed by God's Faithfulness and by the support of our friends and family.  The Kanaday Family would like to say a special thank you to everyone who was able to buy a shirt or donated online through the website.  We received the t-shirts last week before Christmas.  I love seeing all of our friends wearing them.  If you purchased one please send me a picture or post it on Facebook or Instagram #kanadayadoption

To all of our friends who weren't able to buy a t-shirt  and want one, we are looking to do another sale closer to the end of the adoption process.  I will keep you posted.  
Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!  As 2013 comes to end we pray a special blessing over you.  Looking forward to 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment