Monday, November 11, 2013

HOPE'S TROPICANA SPEECH



Hope Kanaday
October 29, 2013

“Make Your Mark”

            Somewhere thousands of miles away there is a child sitting around with many other kids.  These kids don’t have a mother, a father, or even an uncle and aunt to stay with.  These kids live in all places around the world like Haiti, Ecuador, Ukraine, Scotland and even here in America.  These kids are orphans and they have totally different lives than us.  For this reason, my family is reaching out to the country of China to adopt a child.
           
            The CCAI is sending my family a galore amount of packets and forms needing to be filled out and signed.  First of all, I said the CCAI not the CSI television show.  The CCAI stands for the Chinese Children Adoption International.  The CCAI is the adoption service my family has chosen to use.  They have been in service for two decades and are rated number one in overall excellence worldwide by the China Center for Children’s Welfare and Adoption. Adoption costs over 30,000 dollars! That’s is about how much a Toyota 4-Runner cost. Wow, I wish I had that kind of money in my back pocket! We are not sure what gender we will have joining our family, but we do know some sad and unfair laws are unforced in China.  To begin with, the nation of China has a strict one-child policy.  This country threatens girls and favors boys!  China has 32 million more boys than girls because parents face strict birth limits.  This result means there are more females to adopt in China.  This is really sad.  Boys, you probably feel pretty awesome right now, but I assure you that girl’s rock.

            My family has always had the desire to adopt.  I am confident in this incredibly brave decision we have made.  I can’t wait to have another brother or sister.   Now that we’ve taken a bigger step into this process, I realize that it is going to change my family so much.  There will be many exciting days ahead for us but also some challenges as well.  One small challenge will be learning to share a room with someone you hardly know.  No one ever said that it would be easy making your mark from one nation to another, but we are ready to make ours.


Please help us raise the funds for adoption. Buy a cool T-shirt :)


No comments:

Post a Comment